Thursday, July 22, 2010

Emmie's 3rd Birthday and My Half Marathon


So Emmie is finally 3!!! How time has flown by. I cant believe that it has already been 3 years since we have adopted her and been in our lives. I cant imagine my life with out her. She has been such a joy in my life. It was so fun to have her birth mom, Tiffany, come and visit. Also Tiffany's brother, Jeff, came with her. It was nice to have them there. We thank Tiffany every day for being so loving and so willing to give this angel to us. She is my angel, miracle, and love of my life.
We had so many family members there and friends. It was fun to be able to celebrate this little girls birthday with so many people we love.

This is the cake or should I say cakes that I made for her birthday. I wasnt sure how many cakes I would need so I just made 2 different ones. Emmie wanted a castle cake so that is as good as it got for being a through together cake and then we made a beach with a patch of grass for her horse to be on. The cakes looked better before I tried to transport them to the park. At least it tasted good. That is what really matters.
Emmie got a bike from us and then a whole bunch of presents from so many people. She was ripping into those presents so fast I couldn't keep track of what people brought for her. So thank you all for the gifts!!!
We played in the water at the park and raced boats down the stream. It was hot but fun.



Last Saturday I ran my first half marathon. I have never ran that far before in my whole life. So I am pretty proud that I even finished. I finished the race in 2 hours and 17 minutes. I didnt even train for the last 4 weeks or so. I ran the Monday before the race to make sure I could remember how to run. I almost ran 10 miles that day. So this race was a great accomplishment. I will definitely do that race again. I almost want to do the marathon but I am not that crazy yet.


This is after the race with my cute family that was there to support me.


I was holding Emmie for this picture but she was crying to put her down because I was all wet. She makes me laugh.

3 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

You ROCK! What a racer you are! Maybe someday I will catch that runners bug that you and your sisters have.

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

Happy Birthday Emmie. Looks like she got a bike instead of a water slide. Smart choice. Good job on the run. I am pretty impressed! (did you have to wear a depends?) J/k

Tiffani said...

My kids loved the birthday party and wish Emmies birthday was everyday! Your just a bit of an overachiever on those birthday party's. I am so glad you did the 1/2 even if you were all by yourself.