Sunday, June 8, 2008

My little pioneer


Dave went on a Pioneer Trek this last weekend. He grew out his hair a little longer than usual and grew a full beard just for the trek. On Wednesday he left for Fredonia to get his horses and cows and then on Thursday he headed up to Enterprise to meet the youth in our stake for their youth conference. He said that it was great except thy were really short on food. On Thursday after taking care of the horses he went to get some food and it was all gone. So to bed he went on an empty stomach. He taught the kids how to milk a cow and he also got to be the mail deliverer on his horse. I guess they really got to experience what the pioneers really felt like. I am sure glad that I wasn't a pioneer back then. It is nice to have my husband back again and him looking like him self again. (I am sure the cows and horses were glad to be back home as well.) We cut Dave's hair and he shaved his face bald. He looks like a totally different guy. What a great man Dave is and I am glad he is my husband. High five to Dave, oh, and i guess a kiss too!!!


This before he left for the trek

This is the day he got home


What he looks like now!!

4 comments:

Bundy Family said...

I knew the beard was for the trek, but I wasn't sure about the hair. Before I left I saw his long hair and almost started laughing but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I'm glad that had a good time on the trek. Now you can get ready for girls camp.

surroundedbyboys said...

Like you really missed Dave while he was gone. I can't believe he took the cows back to fredonia instead of bringing them by the house so I could get a little milk for the week. Love the change on the page...way cute!!

Tiffani said...

It sounds like he got the true pioneer experience if he went to bed with an empty stomach. I thought he looked better with all that hair. Ok not really. At least he looked the part, I bet he makes the cover of the "Pioneers-R-Us Magazine"

Cluff Family said...

LOVE the chaps Dave :) Sounds like he did a good job on the trek! I can't wait to hang out with you guys and let our little girlies play! Just a couple of months and we'll be there to bug you! Emmie is Soo stinking cute! Oh and Kandice... you look AMAZING! You'll have to help me lose some of this baby fat! Maybe I'll try to call you again soon! You guys ROCK!
-Jill