Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nauvoo

Swinging as a family on the last day of vacation!Emmie glistening in the trees
Emmies First Birthday!
Cutest Pioneer Ever!
Family pack playing in the half hour rain storm

So here is a movie of everything we did out in Nauvoo. It was so much fun! We left on July 11th and thanks to our cousin Jeremy he gave us buddy passes to fly. So we flew out of St. George to Salt Lake, waited there for 6 hours or so then caught a flight out to Kansas City. We then drove all night to get to Grandma and Grandpa Tureks house. We finally arrived there at 3:30 am. It was a long night. Emmie did so good traveling and she slept the whole time on both plane rides. We visited alot of sites and shows. We went to the pagent a couple of times. We learned alot about the pioneers and what they went through. I am sure glad I live in the days now and I wasnt a pioneer. The Lord knew what he was doing when he sent me to earth when he did.
We had a wonderful time visiting with my parents. They are such wonderful people and they did treat us great. I think I gained 5 pounds while out on vacation because of moms wonderful cooking. I have missed my moms homeade cookin'. Well the movie pretty much tells what we did so I wont bore you. The trip home was a kick though. We decided to leave on saturday the 19th instead of Sunday the 20th. The flight looked better on saturday so we risked it. Well Emmie and I got on the plane and had to leave Dave in Kansas all by himself. He had some cousins that lived 1 1/2 hrs. away that came and picked him up and let him stay with them for the night. I got stuck in Salt Lake so I called my sister Trudi to come and save us. She was so kind and let us bombard her house. She also took me to Walmart to get a few things like diapers and formula that was needed. All of our luggage was sent to Saint George so we had nothing. I wore the same clothes for 2 days and man did I stink. luckily Trudi had some clothes for Emmie to where. The next day Dave missed the first flight then the second also, so he just bought a ticket instead. He was tired of sitting and waiting. He wasn't going to get on until Tuesday if he didn't buy a ticket. He arrived in SLC at 5:30 we picked him up and we drove Kory and Tiffani's new car to them. Thank goodness they had a car to take. Nauvoo always has a great ending to it. It somehow ends up costing us a little more than planed and it always ends up at Sundance where my brother Rick works picking up a car to get home. Great memories. We sure know how to have some fun times!!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Wow, look at you, a movie and everything! Thanks for bringing our car to us, that worked out great for everyone! (but mostly us.)

Shannon Allen said...

Kandice- I randomly found your blog and I had to say hello! I hope all is well for you and I think your little one is adorable! Cute blog and cute family. Tell your folks hello from me!